<USS Avalon> Home For A Break

  • From: "angelserene@xxxxxxxx" <angelserene@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:33:58 GMT

Home For A Break
Lieutenant SR Caine Reilly McKinsely

Caine and Hanna moved up the stone steps to the large front door of Caine?s
Family?s main house.  Taking a deep breath, Caine looked down at Hannah next to
her.  ?Ready?? she asked.  Hannah smiled and nodded up at Caine.  ?Alright,
here goes nothing.?  Straightening her shoulders, Caine pushed open the door
and walked into the large and intimidating foyer.

They both looked around for a moment, Caine taking in the familiar sights of
her family home; Hannah was staring at the ordinate decorations, amazed at the
beauty that surrounded her.

?Caine!? a man called from one of the many doorways that lead off from the
foyer.  Turning quickly, Caine smiled at the sight of the older gentleman, with
his whitening hair and soft fatherly face, his smile held so much welcome in it
that Caine wondered why she had stayed away so long.

?Dad,? she called back, smiling at him as she moved forward to receive a great
bear hug from him.

?It?s good to see you home child,? Alister McKinsely, Caine?s father, stated,
pulling away from the embrace with his daughter to look her over.  ?You sure
seem to have grown up some in the past few months.?  Alister was about to say
more when he saw the young child hiding behind Caine?s back.  ?Caine, who is
this??

Turning, Caine looked at Hannah and smiled, holding out her hand for the little
girl to come forward.  ?Dad, she is one of my surprises, but I want to tell the
whole family.  Where is everyone by the way??  she asked looking around for the
rest of her family.

?Their in the drawing room, anxiously awaiting your arrive.  Why don?t we go on
in and you can explain this beautiful little girl to us,? he suggested, taking
his daughters arm and moving both Caine and Hannah towards the drawing room.

Hannah gripped Caine?s hand as they moved into the drawing room.  There were so
many people there, all of them Caine?s bothers and sisters.  And during the
entire time that Caine was being engulfed by hugs, Hannah held onto her hand,
scared to let go and scared of all the people that surrounded them.

After everyone had greeted Caine, they slowly began to notice Hannah and with
the notice of Hannah, came millions of questions.  With a smile on her face,
Caine asked everyone to please be quiet so that she could introduce Hannah to
them.  Out of courteousy and good breeding, everyone in the drawing room grew
silent and waited for Caine to explain why she had a small child with her.

?Everyone, this is Hannah,? Caine said, starting off.  ?She is going to be
staying with me for a while.  I?m not exactly sure how long but she is living
with me as of right now.?  Caine kneeled down in front of Hannah and looked at
the little girl, smiling.  ?Hannah, this is my family,? she said, waving at the
group of people just standing and staring at the child in front of them,
completely surprised at Caine?s decision to take in a little girl.

Hannah looked at the group of tall, intimidating adults that surrounded her
then back at Caine?s smiling face.  Feeling reassured she turned back to the
adults and smiled up at all of them, not saying anything, just smiling.

After a few moments of silence, Caine?s entire family converged on the two,
giving Hannah hugs and welcoming her to their family.  Together, all of them
talking and laughing, they moved into the dinning room for dinner.

It took Hannah a while but after some time, she joined in with the conversation
around her and began talking to the people around her.  The family was loud and
talkative, asking a million questions a minute and listening as both Caine and
Hannah answered.  Hannah was loving the attention she was getting from the
adults and Caine was just happy to be home around her loved ones.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!