<USS Avalon> Admirality Meeting - Part 1

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:46:39 EDT

Admirality Meeting - Part 1
by Captain Keith Ketchum

Keith materialized in the Commons of the Presidio in San Francisco, outside
Star Fleet Command Headquarters.  The smell of the sea wafted over the area.
He could see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.

Never did he think that he would be back on Earth so soon, especially under
these circumstances.

Finally, taking his thoughts away from the bay, he looked towards the main
building.  Taking a deep breath he walked in.

“Ah, Captain Ketchum, I presume, welcome back to Earth”, an Ensign sitting
behind the reception desk.

“Thank you, Ensign.  The Admirals are expecting me, I believe.”

“Yes, they are waiting for you, go on in.”

Keith walked into the office, “Captain Keith Ketchum, reporting as ordered,
Admirals”, going to attention.

The three of them looked up at Ketchum, “At ease, Captain, have a seat.”

Nodding to them all, he took a seat and prepared for the worst.

“We were just looking over your report.  And we have a few problems with
it.”

After three long hours and numerous questions, “Captain, I believe that is
enough for today.  Please report back here tomorrow at 0800 hours.”

Keith looked exhausted as he left the meeting, and walked back into the
Common Area.  A yeoman was waiting for him, “Captain, anywhere I can take
you?”

Keith sighed.  He would have visited his father at the Embassy of which his
daughter would also be at.  But they were still on Alpha Centauri, after
leaving Deep Space Delta One.

“Chinatown.”

“As you wish, Captain”, leading him to vehicular transportation.

He was at least going to enjoy Earth for shore leave also.