atw: insurance again

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:28:03 +1000 (EST)

Melanie wrote:
<snip>
How does that work? I had heard something similar and
tried to get out of paying it but was told in no
uncertain terms that it was compulsory.
<snip>

I guess WC is a State-based insurance and here in WA
working directors are not required to have WC cover.
No idea on their reasoning. I can't remember if that
means I need to have income protection etc, but I deem
it necessary.

Rhonda, I appreciate what you say. But didn't someone
(probably the most experienced or knowedgeable person
in that field) at the organisation check and authorise
the release of those documents that had the potential
to lead to death? I reckon they'd be highly
irresponsible to not check them.

I'm a qualified electrical engineer and have written
all sorts of documents for all sorts of equipment and
voltages, but in-house folk always check it.
Fortunately, I'm generally the one who finds their
errors rather than the other way.

I'm not a programmer, nor am I a civil (take that any
way you want) or mechanical engineer, but I also write
about various control systems and civ/mech projects
that have the potential for injury and expensive
failures. However, I have *always* been able to show
that their proof-reading is what counts as they are
the ones who have the technical expertise in the
system and authorise the final release of the
documents.

My expertise lies in producing non-lethal documents -
and avoiding expensive, unnecessary insurance
policies.

Cheers,
Terry

http://au.movies.yahoo.com