atw: insurance

  • From: Terry D <morgan4four@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:32:50 +1000 (EST)

It is 'mandatory' at the government and university
offices where I work/ed, too. Most of the private
companies have stipulated WC and PE insurance cover,
too. ...But I've always found someone reasonable who
accepted my deletions, or agreed to omissions, from
their standard contracts.

And if we can't find anyone who has been sued, and if
none of us has heard of a case, I think it would be
fair to assume it's for the reasons previously stated
(others proofread and approve our work), rather than
that we are such an error-free group.

<snip>
I have worked with a large city council and with a
federal government dept
in Canberra, and both required the insurance.
I don't think they have any choice.  Someone in the
organisation has made
a policy on the issue 'just in case', and everyone has
to enforce that
policy whether they want to or not.

I would be interested to hear the experiences of
other federal gov't
contractors.
<snip>

http://au.movies.yahoo.com