atw: eBooks (WAS: Vale technical writing?)

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:12:14 +1100

>  e-readers as yet cannot manage tables
I know this is peripheral to what you were saying, but it'd be
more accurate to say that *some* e-readers cannot manage tables. Elizabeth
Castro's book *EPUB: Straight to the point* has a whole section on how to
create tables and so does Joshua Tallent's book *Kindle formatting: the
complete guide*. The Kindle (later versions) and the iPad both handle
tables, though you need to do some work to get them to. Those readers would
account for a large slice of the market between them.

Howard