atw: XML software for Word-like formatting

  • From: "davebgar" <davebgar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:23:32 +1000

Hi,
I'm an editor looking for an XML publishing package that gives me
flexibility with formatting scientific/technical reports in a way similar
to MS Word - such as with table formatting, changing pagination for
sections, and incorporating graphics. I'm also considering remote editing,
where several authors can collaborate on a server-based document that can
highlight the edits made and who made them. Have read that WebDAV XML
software (on a WebDAV-enabled server) could achieve this. My only XML
experience so far has been with Arbortext EPIC running with Documentum,
and DocBook schema.

Any suggestions to help narrow down my research on software is most welcome.

Dave Gardiner