atw: Visio colour palettes

  • From: Geoff Purchase <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:49:47 +1000

Hi,

One for the Visio(2003 Pro) users out there.

I'm trying to set up a colour palette for other people in the office to use so we get closer to a consistent look and feel. My challenge is with the Visio color palette. According to the help files and everything I read on the web it should be easy - but the instructions I can find don't actually work like I expect.

I can create a new palette by going Tools>Color Palette... and entering all the relevant RGB values. No problems there.
I can even copy this new palette to other files.  No problems there.

BUT...

I fail at getting the new palette into the Text, Line, or Fill Color buttons on the Formatting toolbar. I can right-click on an object and choose Format>Fill>Color and the new palette is visble, but most of my users aren't going to all that trouble when there is a button staring them in the face.

Has anyone managed to get a custom palette into the formatting toolbar buttons?

Thanks,

Geoff