atw: University Research Project - How to avoid working in a void?

  • From: Maray Sherwood <maray_sherwood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:48:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, this is my first time posting to the list.

I am studying Technical Communication at University of Western Sydney.

My research project is to understand some problems confronting practising
technical communicators.

My focus is:
Sometimes, when you are writing a manual,instructions or any technical
document, you are not seeing or doing what you are writing about (eg. access or
time restraints). How do overcome this factor and avoid working in a void?

If you have experienced this I would love to hear any ideas/suggestions how to
overcome this problem and create effective documentation under difficult
circumstances.

Thank you
Maray Sherwood