atw: Re: systems info tip

  • From: "Allan Charlton" <allancharlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 02:59:15 +1000

I just tried Ctrl+Alt+F1 on my system, and it ran a very nice system
configuration application.  I assume that it's the 'neat little exposay'
that Erisa referred to.  It has the potential to make a horrible mess of
your system if you fool around with it.  It's curious that it seems to need
Word, even though it has nothing to do with Word.  I got no response when I
tried it with other Microsoft applications, even with Word open.

I have Word 97, which didn't crash, unlike Andrea's experience.

This utility also runs on my wife's laptop - except that on my machine
(Win98) it's System Information, and on hers (ME) it's Microsoft Help and
Support.

Allan

Andrea Tappe wrote

> More surprising again is what happens if you try
> it in Word 97 (which crashes) :-)
>
> Erisa wrote: >If you are in Word 2000, and you hit >Cntrl