atw: Re: samples of work requested at interview

  • From: Christine Kent <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:41:59 +1000

I've had a similar problem with sending some samples to one client of how I
designed a Word course for another client.  The samples still had the
identification features of the previous client (it was my copyright but I
still should not have sent it with the existing headers and footers).  I
stressed that these materials were for the client's eyes only, and very
quickly she involved me in discussions with people she had shared them with
- against my wishes. When we decided not to go ahead with me developing and
delivering the proposed course, I asked several time that they confirm in
writing that they had destroyed all copies of the materials I sent.  I
never got a reply so I have no written document of any kind saying that
they had destroyed the materials.

In other words, don't do it.  NEVER supply softcopy, even to a trusted
client, because you never know when that trusted client is going to do a
Janus on you.  So certainly NEVER supply any materials to someone you have
no reason to trust and who has no loyalty whatsoever to you.

ck

--
Christine