atw: Re: Usage survey: the expression "consists of"

  • From: "Daryl Colquhoun" <atw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter list" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 11:20:59 +1100

And my view is the same as Michael's.

From: Michael Lewis <michael.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
"Consist of" implies "this and only this" to me; not synonymous with
"include".

On 16 March 2012 14:17, Geoffrey <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi austechies****

** **

Can I get your feedback on how you interpret the expression "consists of"
or "consisted of". In the following example:****

** **

"Drug therapy consisted of 0.25 mg of digoxin per day and 40 mg of
propranolol twice a day."****

Emails to this address are automatically deleted as an anti-spam measure.