atw: Re: Unlock PDFs

  • From: "Daryl Colquhoun" <atw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter list" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:06:59 +1000

Thanks Darryl,

You're welcome, Bil.

I found PDKey so easy I didn't "re-boil" ( I like that - not too many
things around get re-boiled.... esp. eggs)

PDFKey effectively does the equivalent of reboiling. Everything it needs is in the original PDF, which is why it's so quick; it just creates a new PDF without the owner password.

The docs at hand were Pword protected from any editing. I could print
(as above) but that would have been a task and lead me nowhere.

My mistake. It's usually printing that things are protected against. PDFKey and similar products remove all restrictions.

But, to repeat my point from before, because it's important, removing a user password is a different kettle of fish.

Instead (with copyright owner permission!!) I got to work with PDF Key (
I believe there is a Windows version)

Yes, quite so. There is. And now that you point this out, I realise I have tried it, but only the trial version.

Emails sent to this address are deleted unread as an anti-spam measure.