atw: Re: The value of a TAFE course.

  • From: Dora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:29:31 +1100

I also worked in this industry for a few years for a tertiary education
institution and also for several private education companies. I got out
too because what they expected for what they were prepared to pay was
ridiculous.

However, they keep advertising this type of work for low rates so somebody
must be doing it.

Dora

Dora Evans | Technical Writer, Micronet Systems (Australia) |
www.micronet.com.au
( 61-2-9542 2000 | Ê 61-2-9542 2100 | 8 dora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Micronet Support: | ( 61-2-9575 3555 | Ê 61-2-9423 4744| 8
helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

end-to-end IT solutions for any business needs
service excellence | professionalism | innovation | tenacity
Disclaimer
The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
subject to copyright. They are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
message in error please notify Micronet Systems (Australia) Pty Ltd
immediately by return email or by calling +61 2 9542 2000. The
republication and re-dissemination are strictly prohibited without the
express prior consent of Micronet Systems (Australia) Pty Ltd.
author and do not necessarily represent those of Micronet Systems
(Australia) Pty Ltd except where an authorised sender specifically states
them to be the views of Micronet Systems (Australia) Pty Ltd.
It is your responsibility to verify this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Micronet Systems (Australia) Pty Ltd accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted.

From:   Peta Fraser <petaannefraser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Austechwriter <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   06/03/2012 12:22 PM
Subject:        atw: Re: The value of a TAFE course.
Sent by:        austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is TAFE we're talking about though. Their rates are pretty awful.
I've seen private companies offering alot more for instructional design
roles.

Perhaps this role attracts ex-teachers who are used to being paid a
pittance but are sick of teaching!

Regards,

Peta

From: cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: The value of a TAFE course.
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:52:03 +1100

…an indication of the quality of material now being produced for TAFE
courses – this is for Diploma course, not Cert II to Cert IV but Diploma!

“Inspirational Industry Solutions is seeking experienced and business
trainers to write Diploma Management and Diploma Human Resources
Management units. Each unit must have learner content of approximately
10,000 words and have both delivery and assessment tools included which
are correctly mapped to required skills and knowledge and performance
criteria. You must also provide expected answers for trainer guides. You
will be expected to work within our formatting and Microsoft Word must be
used but all writing can be done from your own location. This is a casual
position - you will be paid $600 plus GST per unit of work. For further
information, please contact Esther on             0413 331 949       or at
esther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”

Anyone willing to do this for $600?  They tell me they have writers
writing for this price, and many applications for the current roles being
advertised.

This has been a curious market to write for.  In the early days I got a
few thousand per course, with Diploma courses commanding much higher
prices than Cert II courses.  Now they are offering $600!

Seems like I need to re-deploy again.

Regards, Christine

Message protected by Partner IT MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam
and content filtering.
http://www.partnerit.com.au

Message  protected by Partner IT MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.http://www.partnerit.com.au

GIF image