atw: Re: The value of a TAFE course.

  • From: Peta Fraser <petaannefraser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austechwriter <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:22:09 +1100

This is TAFE we're talking about though. Their rates are pretty awful. I've
seen private companies offering alot more for instructional design roles.

Perhaps this role attracts ex-teachers who are used to being paid a pittance
but are sick of teaching!

Regards,

Peta

From: cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: The value of a TAFE course.
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:52:03 +1100

…an indication of the quality of material now being produced for TAFE courses –
this is for Diploma course, not Cert II to Cert IV but Diploma!

“Inspirational Industry Solutions is seeking experienced and business trainers
to write Diploma Management and Diploma Human Resources Management units. Each
unit must have learner content of approximately 10,000 words and have both
delivery and assessment tools included which are correctly mapped to required
skills and knowledge and performance criteria. You must also provide expected
answers for trainer guides. You will be expected to work within our formatting
and Microsoft Word must be used but all writing can be done from your own
location. This is a casual position - you will be paid $600 plus GST per unit
of work. For further information, please contact Esther on             0413 331
949       or at esther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”

Anyone willing to do this for $600?  They tell me they have writers writing for
this price, and many applications for the current roles being advertised.

This has been a curious market to write for.  In the early days I got a few
thousand per course, with Diploma courses commanding much higher prices than
Cert II courses.  Now they are offering $600!

Seems like I need to re-deploy again.

Regards, Christine