atw: Re: SQL ref book

  • From: "Kay Rennie" <renniek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:12:25 +1100

Hi Elizabeth

SAMS Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes is a brilliant primer. The lessons
really only do take ten minutes. Starts with simple data retrieval and goes
on to more complex topics such as use of joins, subqueries, stored
procedures, cursors, triggers and table constraints. And you won't be
overloaded with complex theory. It's a handy size and sells for about $25
locally.
You may be beyond the basics already, but I highly recommend it to anyone
who needs to get up and running quickly with SQL.

Cheers
Kay Rennie