atw: Re: More tips

  • From: Nigel Dawes <NigelD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:59:59 +1100

I too have encountered a number of problems similar to those you discuss.
The number of times I've reinstalled Windows is a joke!!
I must say though, that I've never lost any info because I constantly
backup.
Plus, I use three physical hard drives with a logical part on C:\

C:\ Windows only
D:\ Applications (logical)
E:\ My files
F:\ Backups

One problem I always encounter though, is restoring the registry.
And, it's not much fun reinstalling Visual Studio .NET every time something
nasty happens!
I thought a rescue disk with the registry option would fix this, but not so!

Rgds
Nigel