atw: Re: File paths [RAID]

  • From: "Kathy Bowman" <Kathy.Bowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:55:30 +0930

My HD doesn't stay in the car. I work north of Adelaide and the
temperatures soar in summer! I keep a HD inside at work in a secure
drawer, along with CD or DVD copies of important personal stuff - mostly
my photographs. I live in the Adelaide Hills, and work on the assumption
that my house could burn during a major bush fire. No amount of backups
at home will help me then. Offsite storage is an extra burden, and one I
hope never to reap the benefit of, but it is nice to know it is there.
cheers