atw: Re: Employment: Ways to shout that I am looking for work in Melbourne

  • From: "Matthew da Silva" <journo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:53:24 +1000

Hi Lee - If your resume still needs work, directioneering in Sydney is great
for improving it. There is no doubt a similar company in Melbourne. As for tech
writer placements, I'm ignorant of what's in Melbourne but in Sydney there's
Tech Writer - contact Lyneve Rappell - or HCi - contact Julia Liu. They're both
good companies and they get requests from interstate.

Having a hot resume is key, I think, because job placement companies rely on
them. And they add them to a database and search on them, so you want all the
right words to be in there.

Cheers,

Matthew da Silva   BA (Hons) MMediaPrac (Merit) Syd
m 0434 536 772 | e journo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | w matthewdasilva.com | t
twitter.com/matt_dasilva