atw: Re: Email programs

  • From: "Matthew da Silva" <mddasilva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:11:41 +1000

Hi Christine -

Getting Outlook to work correctly when I purchased it recently was a
problem. Specifically, the backlog of emails I'd received since 2006 using
the Windows Mail client did not want to load to the new Inbox. Also, the
folders were all in Chinese.

I called Microsoft and they gave me a case number and put me onto a person
in Malaysia who tried to fix the problem which, at that time, we were
ignorant of. It took three phone calls and hours of trying different things
before they came up with the solution. Everything's fine now.

It's only the cost of a local call.

Having control over my signature was the spur to make me get Outlook. In the
old client, the signature would change erratically when replying and
forwarding. Outlook gives me more control.

Hope this helps. Sometimes sending the problem back to the source can be
fruitful.

Cheers,

Matthew da Silva

BA (Hons) MMediaPrac Syd