atw: Re: Disappearing Text

  • From: "Suzy Davis" <suzy.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:16:27 +1000

Hi Rosemary

A few things to try in order:

-          Copy the title into Notepad, create an independent paragraph from
the existing title, ie don't press Enter at the end of the title, press
Enter at the end of a paragraph that does print, and then paste the text in
- prints ok?  If yes, then change it's formatting so that it becomes a title
- if it prints ok, then delete the original title and replace it with this
one.  Could be that Title paragraph just got a gremlin in it - and there
will be no getting round that.

-          With the text boxes - same thing - copy a text box that does
print, replace the text, if Prints ok then put it into position.

-          Have you tried generating your pdf by different methods; save as
PDF, other PDF generators.

When things like this happen, it can just depend on how old the document is,
if you have char styles present - we hear about them so little now, but they
are still around, just buried.  And when they kick in they will do things
like this.

Regards Suzy

Suzy Davis
Microsoft Word Templates, Apps for Microsoft Office

& Documentation Projects

www. <http://www.appsforoffice.com/> appsforoffice.com

(Melbourne) Australia

Email  <mailto:suzy.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> suzy.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx