atw: Re: Book wanted

  • From: "Stephen Nason" <snason@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:19:38 +1100

Randolph Quirk's 1987 book 'Words at Work: Lectures on Textual Structure is
available for "limited preview" on Google Books.

The book Geoffrey is after, 'A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language',
is also available but only by "snippet view".

And yes, the price of Quirk's grammatical and linguistic works seem to be, how
should I put it, almost beyond comprehension.

Steve