atw: Re: Accreditation - again

  • From: "Tracy Jenner-Lawson" <tnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:20:56 +1100

Interesting......
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: margp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 11:10 AM
  Subject: atw: Re: Accreditation - again

  Maybe a little OT...

  There was a fascinating Background Briefing program a couple of weeks
  ago on the ABC that discussed vocational training.

  "There are now hundreds of thousands of young people being trained in jobs
  that are subsidised by the government, in a program called the New
  Apprenticeship Scheme. But most of these are being trained as cleaners,
  shop assistants, aged care workers, clerical workers, truck drivers and
  hamburger flippers. For every four trainees we pump out, only one of them
  is what we used to call an apprentice."

  Audio and transcript at
  http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/bbing/stories/s1255502.htm

  I'm encouraging my kids to think about a (real) trade as a career
  possibility - I can see a guaranteed path to success there.

  Margaret