atw: Re: 2 x contract opportunities in Melbourne

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:33:16 +1000

Hello Donald,
My 13 year old daughter uses statements like your opener.

My problem, if it is mine, is that I would like a little more honesty instead
of
the gouging behaviour. In one recent job, I was told there was 6 weeks of
work and to quote a rate. I finished the work in 4 days. If I had known that in
advance, I would have charged much higher. The agent should know the
quantum of work - the contractor usually gets dribbles of info before the
quotation is demanded. Very one-sided.

If the recruiter gets feedback like mine and chooses not to advertise, aren't
we better off without such shonks?? If recruiters learn from such
feedback and choose to improve their service, aren't we better off??

Brian.
<snip>

  And your problem is?
  <snip>
  If the recruiter gets feedback like this, they will simply stop posting
  jobs on the list.

  Donald Halley