atw: Office 2003 for sale?

  • From: Hedley Finger <hfinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:36:02 +1100

Is there anybody on the list who has a Microsoft Office 2003 installer CD they no longer want, perhaps owing to an upgrade to Windows Vista or switching to another operating system or word processor? I am currently using Office 2002 which uses the formats extant from 1997 to 2002, which is fine unless trying to open an Office 2007 XML-based document (e.g. *.docx) with the compatibility patch installed.

This patch won't work for me and appears to only work successfully with Office 2003 and later non-XML upgrades. I am currently marking assignments submitted by students using Office 2007 and, despite all instructions to the contrary, insist on saving files in *.docx. Also, I probably need to face reality and upgrade to a non-XML version of Office with a compatibility patch capable of saving in the new format.

I will pay money (gasp!) and render undying gratitude (double gasp!). Potential sellers must be prepared to transfer their licence, i.e. not use it any more, and supply the original CDs. I will notify Microsoft of the change of ownership if you wish.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>