atw: Number me out

  • From: Garry Stevens <Garry.Stevens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: " (austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:19:39 +1100

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this
message.

Hi All:

We've decided to go with "Our reference" and "Your reference" when writing to
solicitors, doctors and other professionals; but "Your Claim Number' when
writing to the private individuals who are our maimed and wounded clients.

We chose the latter on the grounds that all our clients are indeed making
claims; this is how they would think of the documentation (as per Warren's
comment); and that their doctors would also use the term "claim number" when
talking to them.

BTW, I've used the marvellous BatchProcess macros from somewhere I've forgotten
to automate much of the processing. Its wonderful to whiz through 100s of docs
to apply a uniform page setup and think 'Thank God I don't have to do that".
But I've gone as far as I can go with that. The exercise has also improved my
VBA skills considerably. Now, alas, I have to tackle each doc one by blooming
one.

Thanks for all your input.

Garry

The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if any) is
intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
reliance
upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
e-mail
and associated material from any computer.

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or
distribute
the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files, with the
permission
of the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses.