atw: Is it just me ?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: Peter.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:21:43 +1100

From a sample rewrite of a technical document (Shufra: Clarity in
Documentation)   Simplified Technical English examples....

> d. Adjust the turnbuckle to set the correct cable tension. Safety the
turnbuckle.

Why do I worry about "Simplified Technical English" when I see this ?

Of course, I've never had the opportunity or requirement to safety a
turnbuckle or buckle a safety turn or turn a buckle safety.   So I'm
clearly ignorant.

BUT "safety" is now an imperative form of a verb, already yet.?

This is simplified technical English ?

Why am I not going anywhere near the site where someone has been firmly
told to "safety" something, and thats the key part of their instructions
on the subject ?

Peter M
--
This message contains privileged and confidential information only
for use by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended