[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with OSX

  • From: Thomas Byskov Dalgaard <tbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:15:48 +0200

Hi Keith!

Basically most of the things you know from the version of Audacity on Windows
works almost like on the Mac except that the accessibility on OS X could be
improved. Chains are not accessible, but they are in Windows.

There is an excellent guide for Audacity in Windows that David Bailes did, and
you can certainly get a lot when you just know the following:
On OS X the command key replaces the ctrl-key in the guide. So when you are
told to press ctrl-f6 press command-f6. Command is located to the left at the
spacebar, where the alt-key use to be on a Windows keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Best regards Thomas

Den 28/06/2015 kl. 17.54 skrev Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Is this the right place to ask a Macintosh question?

I just got a Macbook Pro, and wanted to know how similar Audacity works on
it, compared to Windows.
I'll still use my Windows7 computer, but my long term goal is to move as many
tasks as I can to the Mac.

Are there any good tutorials on using Audacityt on OSX? I'm a little new to
both, so the more dumbed down the better.

thanks,
Keith H