[audacity4blind] Amplifying Final Version of a Project

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:46:53 -0400

When I record multi-track songs involving drums, several guitars, vocals, and a keyboard, I keep the level of each track down to about minus 6 or more. When the project is finished, I press control-A to select all tracks and then Alt-C to go into Amplify, and I increase the amplification to just below zero, such as negative .1. Is this too close to zero or is there a better practice to produce a good, yet sufficiently loud, product?

--
Rich De Steno