[atxgpsig] Re: Question about game design??

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atxgpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:38:06 -0500

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Matthew Brown <lokislayer@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I know that C/C++ is the defacto standard of building games but has anyone
> tried designing a game using C#??

Not me personally, but it is being used quite a bit. I've heard a few
complaints about performance, but... my guess is that it is no worse that
Java and Java is usable for game development.

Not to mention that with the Mono project C# is portable to Linux and IIRC
Mac OS although you aren't likely to find DirectX on those two platforms :-)

Are there any particular worries you have about C#? I'm sure that if you
post more specific questions you'll get more detailed answers.

Bob Pendleton

+ Bob Pendleton: writer and programmer
+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+ web: www.TheGrumpyProgrammer.com