[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] ORA-01552 - cannot create a rollback segment

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Laly <lspel@xxxxxxxxx>, dba_gurus <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Laly,

Your question dose not match to the problem you had mentioned,   Do you really
understand that what is cloning of Database,  It means exact copy of your
production and import is not the part of Cloning senario.

Looking at the problem it looks like you do not have RBS  tablespace.

Nisar Tareen

Laly <lspel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All
i am cloning a productive database in another server.
This new database (9i) has problems when i run the import.
The import gives errors because i haven't created the rollback segments and the
database has the system tablespace as the rollback seg.

SQL> SELECT SEGMENT_NAME, TABLESPACE_NAME, FILE_ID,STATUS from
dba_rollback_segs;
SEGMENT_NAME TABLESPACE_NAME FILE_ID STATUS
SYSTEM SYSTEM 1 ONLINE

So, when i try to create a rollback seg for the RBS tablespace, i receved the
following error:

SQL> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS01 TABLESPACE RBS
STORAGE
(INITIAL 5M
NEXT 5M
MINEXTENTS 4
MAXEXTENTS 32765); 2 3 4 5 6
CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS01 TABLESPACE RBS
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'RBS'

How can i fix this problem ?
Please, anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance,

Laura