[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] ORA-01552 - cannot create a rollback segment

  • From: Abraham Kurian <kurian24@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:01:30 +0530

I think you have Undo Management set to AUTO

Regards
Kurian

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:57:58 -0800 (PST), Nisar Tareen
<ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Laly,
>=20
> Your question dose not match to the problem you had mentioned,   Do you r=
eally understand that what is cloning of Database,  It means exact copy of =
your production and import is not the part of Cloning senario.
>=20
> Looking at the problem it looks like you do not have RBS  tablespace.
>=20
> Nisar Tareen
>=20
> Laly <lspel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> Hi All
> i am cloning a productive database in another server.
> This new database (9i) has problems when i run the import.
> The import gives errors because i haven't created the rollback segments a=
nd the database has the system tablespace as the rollback seg.
--------------------------------
> SYSTEM SYSTEM 1 ONLINE
>=20
> So, when i try to create a rollback seg for the RBS tablespace, i receved=
 the following error:
>=20
> SQL> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS01 TABLESPACE RBS
> STORAGE
> (INITIAL 5M
> NEXT 5M
> MINEXTENTS 4
> MAXEXTENTS 32765); 2 3 4 5 6
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS01 TABLESPACE RBS
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace '=
RBS'