[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] Lock table display to users....

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cherokeexc90@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:09:59 -0800 (PST)

Victoria,

If the user have the correct privilages to the v$ tables , I think it should,

Nisar Tareen

Victoria <cherokeexc90@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will this work with Oracle applications?  The user always shows up as apps.....

---------------------------------
           From: vicky m <thinish_raj@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Installation of Oracle 8i.....urgent
           From: rajesh pr <simple_raju@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: [oracle_dba] Any reaction from the Gurus about the Oracle
buying Peoplesoft.
           From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: call me 09830795714
           From: Tanmoy <tanmoydc@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: call me 09830795714
           From: "nsk_leela" <nsk_leela@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Re: call me 09830795714
           From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Installation of Oracle 8i.....urgent
           From: "Vijayaraghavan R" <vijayrr76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: urgent please help
           From: "Vijayaraghavan R" <vijayrr76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. how to found out who deleted the records
           From: Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. how to remove rman records from control file ?
           From: "Siddharth Sriwastav" <sid_job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. The real thing is here
           From: "deepu_streak" <deepu_streak@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Re: call me 09830795714
           From: Bikram Betal <bbetal@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. How to findout the DBsize
           From: Naresh kumar <cnaresh25@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Oracle walk in @Hyd - 19th December 2004.
           From: Pradeep V <ranideep@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. Unable to start Database - Undo Tablespace Problem
           From: <anild@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Re: [oracle_dba] Any reaction from the Gurus about the Oracle
buying Peoplesoft.
           From: amit arora <arora_amit_00@xxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: How to findout the DBsize
           From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: call me 09830795714
           From: "Anitha .S" <meetanitha_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Actress Asin has stormed Kollywood with a hit film M.Kumaran
S/o Mahalakshmi. View her latest photos here.
           From: "Anitha .S" <meetanitha_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: how to found out who deleted the records
           From: abhinav.saxena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
     21. Oracle 10G Upgrade Exam questions required IZ0-040
           From: sguptasolntec
     22. Please Please Help! -> Something Like Replication
           From: azadeh ghafarinia <alo_markaz@xxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: Please Please Help! -> Something Like Replication
           From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: Re: [oracle_dba] Any reaction from the Gurus about the Oracle
buying Peoplesoft.
           From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: how to create database manually
           From: suresh nambrath <suresh_nambrath@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:29:07 -0800 (PST)
   From: vicky m <thinish_raj@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Actress Asin has stormed Kollywood with a hit film M.Kumaran S/o
Mahalakshmi. View her latest photos here.

http://www.veenaimovies.com/photogallerydetails.asp?artistid=1025&artist_nam
e=Asin

Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:44:29 -0800 (PST)
   From: rajesh pr <simple_raju@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Installation of Oracle 8i.....urgent

Hi,
        Does anyone know how to uninstall oracle? When I uninstalled oracle,
and then tried to install it later I got a error message saying that an
oracle version already exists in the system.
A directory structure was also present with some .dll files. I tried to
delete all the directories, but it got created again and I got the same
error message while installation.

        Can't I Install oracle without formatiing my disks?

Regards,
Rajesh

Message: 3
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:00:54 +0530
   From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [oracle_dba] Any reaction from the Gurus about the Oracle
buying Peoplesoft.

ITS A GREAT FEELING !!!!!

--
Vivek Verma

oups/S=1705115386:HM/EXP=1103044457/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2434971/rand=547475869>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *      To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>

>   _____
>
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29914/*http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
> >
> more.

>  Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone.
>
>  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Message: 4
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:02:51 +0530
   From: Tanmoy <tanmoydc@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: call me 09830795714

DBA GURUS is a call centre group now .. we are getting mails for friendship
..marriage and for time pass too ..rather than full discussion for oracle ..

this is annoying as it increase our mail boxes with junk ones ..

moderator can u please look into this matter ..

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:09:27 -0800 (PST), Shelly Dasgupta
<shellydsgpt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is Shelly Dasgupta here .I am a 23 yrs old working porfessional .I
live in Kolkata , in Phoolbagan ,near V.I.P market .Interested men may call
me .

> --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo!
Companion Toolbar.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM

Regards,
Tanmoy

-- "Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent."

Message: 5
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:43:26 -0000
   From: "nsk_leela" <nsk_leela@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes I agree with Tanmoy we must stop this.
We have requested n times to the moderator to stop this becoz we all share
our technical exp.

Moderator Plz. block all such mail address which post this type of msg.

Cheers!!

--- In dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tanmoy <tanmoydc@xxxx> wrote:
> DBA GURUS is a call centre group now .. we are getting mails for
> friendship ..marriage and for time pass too ..rather than full
> discussion for oracle ..
>
> this is annoying as it increase our mail boxes with junk ones ..
>
> moderator can u please look into this matter ..
>

> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:09:27 -0800 (PST), Shelly Dasgupta
> <shellydsgpt@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This is Shelly Dasgupta here .I am a 23 yrs old working
porfessional .I live in Kolkata , in Phoolbagan ,near V.I.P market
.Interested men may call me .

> > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -------------------
-~-->
> > Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM

> --
> Regards,
> Tanmoy
>
> -- "Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be
spent."

Message: 6
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:22:19 +0530
   From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: call me 09830795714

This has turned out to be more of a time pass group by all these mail
circulating....

--
Vivek Verma

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:43:26 -0000, nsk_leela <nsk_leela@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes I agree with Tanmoy we must stop this.
> We have requested n times to the moderator
> to stop this becoz we all share our technical
> exp.
>
> Moderator Plz. block all such mail address which post
> this type of msg.
>
> Cheers!!
>

> --- In dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tanmoy <tanmoydc@xxxx> wrote:
> > DBA GURUS is a call centre group now .. we are getting mails for
> > friendship ..marriage and for time pass too ..rather than full
> > discussion for oracle ..
> >
> > this is annoying as it increase our mail boxes with junk ones ..
> >
> > moderator can u please look into this matter ..
> >

> > On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:09:27 -0800 (PST), Shelly Dasgupta
> > <shellydsgpt@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is Shelly Dasgupta here .I am a 23 yrs old working
> porfessional .I live in Kolkata , in Phoolbagan ,near V.I.P
> market .Interested men may call me .

> > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -------------------
> -~-->
> > > Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
> > > Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
> > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Tanmoy
> >
> > -- "Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be
> spent."

> http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM

Message: 7
   Date: 14 Dec 2004 05:05:20 -0000
   From: "Vijayaraghavan R" <vijayrr76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Installation of Oracle 8i.....urgent

Based on the oracle version, you would either use orainst or runInstaller to
install/uninstall oracle software.
If the version to remove is 8.1.5 or higher, then you must be using
runInstaller. The software information is stored in Inventory, registry(in
case of windows) or oratab (unix) and ofcourse the oracle_home directory
path as well.
The best way to remove oracle software is to deinstall products from the
universal installer window. If this has failed for some reason, then you can
delete the directory, remove the registry key corresponding to the home(be
careful with this if you are not comfortable) and also remove the inventory
entries. Assuming, this is the only installation in this machine, you can
remove the inventory directory under c:\program files\Oracle.

Additions, corrections and clarifications welcome !

Cheers

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 rajesh pr wrote :

>Hi,
>         Does anyone know how to uninstall oracle? When I uninstalled
oracle, and then tried to install it later I got a error message saying that
an oracle version already exists in the system.
>A directory structure was also present with some .dll files. I tried to
delete all the directories, but it got created again and I got the same
error message while installation.

>         Can't I Install oracle without formatiing my disks?
>
>Regards,
>Rajesh

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 8
   Date: 14 Dec 2004 05:39:20 -0000
   From: "Vijayaraghavan R" <vijayrr76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: urgent please help

As I understand, your application has some timeout call after a certain
period. Basic question in the case would be : How did you determine the
timeout period and has the application ever run within this time limit ever
before for similar data? If not, change the timeout period.

To look at the performance issue, run statspack and collect report for 1hr
durations at peak hours or troubled times...

Cheers

Message: 9
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:43:02 -0800 (PST)
   From: Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how to found out who deleted the records

Hi Friends,
  Yesterday night one of our user deleted all the records from a mandatory
table..even though i had a backup, i want to know who did that....can i know
how to found that...
any help welcome...

Thanks
Ananth

Message: 10
   Date: 14 Dec 2004 06:07:01 -0000
   From: "Siddharth Sriwastav" <sid_job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how to remove rman records from control file ?

Dear Friends,

How can I flush the control file and recovery catalog (for the target
database) of all existing rman backup records so that I get no output from
the rman command 'list backup' ? I want to start a fresh backup and recovery
policy/system.

thanks,

Siddharth.

Message: 11
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:27:29 -0000
   From: "deepu_streak" <deepu_streak@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: The real thing is here

The real thing is here

Get into the right place right now!

Set your idea in motion with a Free Inventors Kit!

http://www.globalfreecash.com/index.asp?refcode=pears

You can  personally use this

you can  give it to anybody F_R_E_E

signin. login and earn on...on...on.......with

http://www.globalfreecalling.com/reg1.asp?refcode=pears

Message: 12
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:44:51 -0800 (PST)
   From: Bikram Betal <bbetal@xxxxxxxxx>

Otherwise somebody from KOLKATA itself can take some
time off and cool her out.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Message: 13
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:58:53 -0800 (PST)
   From: Naresh kumar <cnaresh25@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to findout the DBsize

Hello gurus,

How to findout the database size, used size and remaining size for existing
database (Oracle). I tried using  V$database  view but iam confusing.

plz. help me.

Thanks & Regards

naresh

Message: 14
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:44:38 +0530
   From: Pradeep V <ranideep@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Oracle walk in @Hyd - 19th December 2004.

Write the following referral details on top of the resume:

Name: Pradeep Kumar V,
Emp# : 3765.

When and where is it happening?

Date:   19th December 2004

Time:   9:00 am - 12:00 noon

Venue: Cyber Gateway

          Hitec City, Madhapur,Hyderabad

What do you need to do?

We request you to inform your friends who would be interested in taking
employment with Oracle India. They can directly walk in with a hard copy of
the
resume. Please intimate them to write your name and employee number on the
resume so that you can be given the credit incase of an offer.

What are we looking for?

We are looking for graduates/post graduates (BE/BTech,ME/Mtech,MCA)
from reputed
universities with experience ranging from 1-6 years

Java Developer

Strong experience in JAVA /J2EE Applications development. Having a good
understanding of OOD concepts, Design Patterns, Data Structures, with strong

analytical skills. Exposure to SQL and PL /SQL is desirable and knowledge of

SOAP, XML, Web Services and other open standards is a plus. Experience
in Oracle
Apps and Workflow is preferred.

Forms & PL/SQL Developer

Excellent FORMS, SQL and PL/SQL coding, debugging and performance
tuning skills.
Strong Oracle database concepts including features in 8i. Experience in
Oracle
Apps and Workflow is preferred. Exposure to database design/modeling and 9i
features is a plus.

Message: 15
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:46:13 +0530
   From: <anild@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Unable to start Database - Undo Tablespace Problem

Dear All,

I am unable to open the database; alert log shows me the problem of
block corruption in file 2 (which is undo tablespace file). I changed
the undo_management to MANUAL , even then I m not able to open the
database , its currently in mount stage.

Should I delete the undo tablespace datafile and try to open. Will this
help ,,, what are my options ? I don't have the backup.

Please help

Regds

Anil

Message: 16
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:36:20 +0000 (GMT)
   From: amit arora <arora_amit_00@xxxxxxxxx>
buying Peoplesoft.

Its Really a Great Feeling... congratulations to Oracle and its Employees
for buying Peoplesoft.

Thanks & Regards
Amit Arora  @ Oracle Corporation
Ph. No: +91 98450-80103

Message: 17
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:08:15 +0530
   From: Vivek Verma <vicky.verma@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to findout the DBsize

use dba_data_files

--
Vivek Verma

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:58:53 -0800 (PST), Naresh kumar
<cnaresh25@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello gurus,
>
> How to findout the database size, used size and remaining size for
existing database (Oracle). I tried using  V$database  view but iam
confusing.

> plz. help me.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> naresh

Message: 18
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:38:00 -0800 (PST)
   From: "Anitha .S" <meetanitha_2000@xxxxxxxxx>

CALL u for what??

--- Shelly Dasgupta <shellydsgpt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is Shelly Dasgupta here .I am a 23 yrs old
> working porfessional .I live in Kolkata , in
> Phoolbagan ,near V.I.P market .Interested men may
> call me .

> removed]

=====

http://my.yahoo.com

Message: 19
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:37:00 -0800 (PST)
   From: "Anitha .S" <meetanitha_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Actress Asin has stormed Kollywood with a hit film M.Kumaran
S/o Mahalakshmi. View her latest photos here.

waw.. What a piece of information to be shared in this
study group..

moderator pls throw away vicky..

--- vicky m <thinish_raj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.veenaimovies.com/photogallerydetails.asp?artistid=1025&artist_nam
e=Asin

> removed]

=====

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Message: 20
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:16:09 +0530
   From: abhinav.saxena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: how to found out who deleted the records

Ananth,

If you find the answer , let me also know.

Rgds,

Abhinav
91-22-28290019
x :1538

  ----------

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

Message: 21
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:29:27 -0000
   From: sguptasolntec
Subject: Oracle 10G Upgrade Exam questions required IZ0-040

Friends

If anyone has got IZ0-040 Questions please send me the same.

Thanks in advance

Message: 22
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:22:06 -0800 (PST)
   From: azadeh ghafarinia <alo_markaz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Please Please Help! -> Something Like Replication

Hi Masters!

I have a problem with replicating databases,

we have a formula creation subsystem that create
stored procedures in oracle database 9i,
our application data is replicating between many
databases as materializad view sites and one master
database,

How we can replicate stored procedures?
Any soloution please!

tnx

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Message: 23
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:49:47 -0800 (PST)
   From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>

Ghafarinia,

You are replicating data table not the system tables so the Procedure you
have to store/replace on each site mannually.

Nisar Tareen

azadeh ghafarinia <alo_markaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Masters!

I have a problem with replicating databases,

we have a formula creation subsystem that create
stored procedures in oracle database 9i,
our application data is replicating between many
databases as materializad view sites and one master
database,

How we can replicate stored procedures?
Any soloution please!

tnx

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Message: 24
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:55:47 -0800 (PST)
   From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
buying Peoplesoft.

Amit,

The feeling is very correct one.

But strategically,

what will happen to Peoplesoft applications/staff ?

Do Oracle will  merge them into Oracle or  de-commissioned them ?.

Oracle Gurus will have new opening in  Database side or Application side?

Nisar Tareen

amit arora <arora_amit_00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Its Really a Great Feeling... congratulations to Oracle and its Employees
for buying Peoplesoft.

Thanks & Regards
Amit Arora  @ Oracle Corporation
Ph. No: +91 98450-80103

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Message: 25
   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:11:07 -0800 (PST)
   From: suresh nambrath <suresh_nambrath@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how to create database manually

i will give a brief idea for windows platform

1)User oradim utility to create a service
2)create necessary folders for controlfile,log file etc
3)construct a parameter file by specifying the req values
4)setup the environment variable to poing towards the new sid  (set
oracle_Sid=<>)
5)open sqlplus and connect as sysdba
6)issue create database command by specifying log file,datafile etc
7)run catalog and catproc to create data dict views and pl/sql packages
8)Run pubbld.sql after connection to system

this will take care.

anand kulkarni <ananddec2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

please tell steps to create the database manually.
in oracle and the changes that we have to make in the SPORA file.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT