[askdba] Re: Merge statement ....

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:13:38 -0800 (PST)

I had used Merge and I did not have any problem,  But in my case I have both
conditions , that if the record found I merge else  I  do  insert.
It would be good If you can post the statement.
Nisar Tareen.
Rick_Cale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a merge statement that works fine if rows exist in the table. If
the table is empty then the MERGE does not work. I assume it is due to
since no records MATCH/NOMATCH cannot be determine. This seems like a flaw
in this statement. Is this correct?

Rick Cale
Database Administrator
Team Health, Inc.