Re: [artworks] Sprite issue

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:38:19 +0100

In article <mpro.n6o4ow023c32t04wc.tim@xxxxxxxxx>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
<tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3 Jun at 20:28, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The Bitmap export option in ArtWorks converts a vector image into
> > the two most commonly used Sprite sizes - 34 x 34 and 17 x 17 in
> > Mode 21 (AW 256 colours) found in !Spites and !Sprites22.

> I have just converted a fairly large ArtWorks file, some 4 M, and
> it shows up as a sprite of 1489 by 2105 pixels and of 11.95 MB.

I'm not sure this is relevant Tim - I'm only interested in 34 x 34 and
17 x 17 sized sprites to meet the RISC OS programmers specs. for
Sprite icons - perhaps I didn't make that clear.

> > My experience is that straight lines are registered as unsighted
> > jagged edges.

> On my sprite at 90 dots/in, the image is hardly jagged.

When restricting the size to 34 x 34 then the dpi falls to around 4
which is probably the reason why I see this effect - from the feedback
I'm getting from c.s.a.misc. I think I'm being too fussy.

Richard