Re: [artworks] Sprite issue

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 00:46:08 +0100

On 3 Jun at 20:28, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Bitmap export option in ArtWorks converts a vector image into the
> two most commonly used Sprite sizes - 34 x 34 and 17 x 17 in Mode 21
> (AW 256 colours) found in !Spites and !Sprites22.

I have just converted a fairly large ArtWorks file, some 4 M, and it
shows up as a sprite of 1489 by 2105 pixels and of 11.95 MB.

> My experience is that straight lines are registered as unsighted
> jagged edges.

On my sprite at 90 dots/in, the image is hardly jagged.

> If I look at some of the RAM Sprites using "Grab 2" I observe no
> 'jaggies'.
>
> Why is this please?

Not found here.  I would supsect some odd parameter when you export
bit-images.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim@xxxxxxxxx
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/