Re: [artworks] Buttons for alignment?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:13:41 +0200

In message <9543aefa4e.Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          riscos@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In message <428383fa4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Thanks to the Flying Pig and Stewy you can have such a button already
>> (along with buttons for other things like save/cut/copy/paste/print).
>> Go to http://stewy.drobe.co.uk/ and download MiniBarAW.
>
> I did download the minibuttons, and when I click on the Info button I
> see that I use the 2.22 version of (24-may-04) can you explain that?

You decide which version of ArtWorks you use, so only you can explain
that.

> Olso is straingce that when I double-click on a older file (made in AW
> 2.05) it olso AW 2.05 loads???

It does not matter in which version of ArtWorks you have created a
file. Double-clicking an ArtWorks file always loads the same copy of
ArtWorks - the one that has claimed the ArtWorks filetype.

The easiest way to make sure that this is the latest version is to
remove all old versions of ArtWorks from your disc or at least make
sure that they are not "seen" by the Filer.

The FIRST version of ArtWorks that is seen by the Filer claims
ArtWorks filetypes. Opening directories containing older versions
afterwards does not have any effect UNLESS you have renamed these
copies to different names, e.g., !AW205. In that case, such a renamed
copy would claim the ArtWorks filetype. So, the advice is to either
delete older versions completely or if you really want to keep them on
your hard disc make them invisible to the Filer by putting them in an
archive or rename them to a directory without a "!".

This is not an ArtWorks specific issue. It is the same with most RISC
OS applications.