Re: [artworks] Buttons for alignment?

Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <09a980fa4e.rgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Roger Noble <rgnoble@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Whilst we are in the business of pestering Martin for things in the
>> next version of ArtWorks, would it be possible to add buttons to the
>> info bar (or somewhere) for the alignment of objects?

> Thanks to the Flying Pig and Stewy you can have such a button already
> (along with buttons for other things like save/cut/copy/paste/print).
> Go to http://stewy.drobe.co.uk/ and download MiniBarAW.

Ah, many thanks, that is useful. However, it leads to another thing.

It would be useful to actually leave the alignment dialogue on the
screen so that when doing a number of alignments on different groups
of objects it can be used without having to re-display is each time
(it saves another mouse move and click). I tried this by clicking with
adjust on OK to do an alignment. This leaves the dialogue up. Then I
can select a new group of objects to align, but on clicking with OK I
then find it aligns both the newly selected objects and the ones that
were previously selected. The dialogue is remembering the set of
objects it had selected when it was first displayed (reasonably enough
I suppose). Can this behaviour be changed?

Cheers,

Roger

--
Roger Noble          rgnoble@xxxxxxxxxxxx