[AR] Re: Thermal/Cooling Questions in Liquid Rocket Engines

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:06:03 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Graham Sortino wrote:

...does anyone have a reference to a paper discussing thermal deposits on Rocket Engine chambers? ...it warrants me understanding it better before I even consider including its effect in thermal calculations.

Schoenman, "LOX/Propane and LOX/Ethanol Combustion Chamber Heat Transfer", JP&P 7.4 (July-Aug 1991) has some discussion of it.

The bad news is that it's almost impossible to calculate how much it will help, or not, because sooting is poorly understood and nobody's got a good handle on predicting it.