[AR] Re: NASA Panel Critical of SpaceX Plans to Fuel with Crew

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 00:01:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, Jonathan Goff wrote:

Interestingly enough I have heard "subcooled" used to refer to molten materials cooled below their freezing point that haven't yet solidified. I think this terminology was used a lot in the amorphous metal research community and microgravity research community. Though it's been several years, so I can easily be misremembering.

It's definitely a less common term, with a less standardized meaning, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's been applied rather loosely.