Re: [ARMini-support] Writer+

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 00:02:34 GMT

In message <cb65a47352.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One item of software that was bundled with the Iyonix was Writer+.  I
> copied it across to my ARMini but find if I try to run it that I get
> an error message saying "no stack for trap handler".  So it's
> presumably not ARMv7 safe.

> Is there any prospect of it being recompiled/updated to run on the
> ARMini/BeagleBoard?

Well, yes and no.  Yes - you can get it now - it's called EasiWriter
and it's by Martin W!

But also "No", in the sense that when I checked with Martin, it was
done as a commercial project with Castle, so would need to be re-done
as a new commerical project and when I asked about it last year, I
didn't come away feeling like it was a go-er.

If there's interest, I have a possible idea to talk to Martin about
anyway, so...

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS