Re: [ARMini-support] Where are "OS3 for BB.zip" and !SaveCMOS?

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:00:01 GMT

In message <2b74c36952.D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> However, as I said above I have a non-xM
> BeagleBoard which has an ordinary size card, not a micro SD card.
> Also I know that !WriteCMOS is still successfully writing to the card,
> but the problem is that the settings are being ignored when I next
> boot up. This problem has been talked about by David Pitt and others
> and, although it has solved his problem, he has an ARMini. So will the
> uSDcardOS3/zip work for me?

> I could experiment, but I think that clearer advice for those with
> original Beagleboards and don't have, or necessarily want, widgets
> could have been given.

> Dave Lane

Ah, well I can see your unease.

Could you just not take the SDCard out and save the contents before
you write to it and then try the update or is the Beagleboard the only
RISC OS system you have with a USB connection in which case it adds
more complexity.

Basically if you use !SDCreate to put a new image on the card then it
puts all the right files on as you select what type of system you have
from the menu. If you save a CMOS file to the card prior to taking out
and then save that CMOS file to the machine you are going to run
SDCReate from then you can write it back.

If you use SDCreate then you only need the actual RISC OS image and
not the other files in uSDcardOS3 zip.

SDCreate does run on the Beagleboard as well.

Hop over to the ROOL site if you need further advice and to get the
SDCreate utility.

Hope that helps

Doug

--
See and experience the future using ARM Technology - BeagleBoard -xM,
Cortex A8 and RISC OS 5.17.