Re: [ARMini-support] SaveCMOS glitch

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:09:21 GMT

In message <bc93e87252.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 19 Mar 2012 A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> So it looks like one or both of the *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands
>> are missing something out.  Are other bytes being affected?  I can't
>> see any other changes.

Well actually I later realised that the CD icon was missing from the
iconbar.  As I don't have a CD drive fitted I'm wondering why it's
there ;-)

> *LoadCMOS should take several seconds to work.  If it doesn't, try
> again.  Sometimes it returns immediately, and doesn't work.  This
> appears to be a problem with *LoadCMOS.  You'll notice that when it
> works, you get an hourglass for about 10 seconds.

Ah, now there was no way I would have known that without being told.
Perhaps adding a warning message to the application is something to
consider.

> Note that since the SaveCMOS bit seems to work every time, you can't
> go wrong with this process - just click the LoadCMOS (last step)
> button again until you get the lengthy load.

In fact it took at least 20 seconds.  It does appear to have restored
things properly, including the CD icon.

Regards

Andrew

--