Re: [ARMini-support] SaveCMOS glitch

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:44:30 GMT

In message <61abf17252.Kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Kevin Corney <k.corney@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <bc93e87252.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <0e9c187252.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> There's something not quite right somewhere.  Looking inside !CMOStool
>>> I see that it works by issuing *SaveCMOS and *LoadCMOS commands at the
>>> appropriate times.

>> Note that since the SaveCMOS bit seems to work every time, you can't
>> go wrong with this process - just click the LoadCMOS (last step)
>> button again until you get the lengthy load.

> So can anyone tell me where the !CMOStool can be found? It wasn't on
> the site given with the widget. I don't need it - I got my Beagleboard
> up and running by use of f12 and *Configure etc - but am just curious
> as to where others have found it.
> Also, now that the widget is in place, can I get rid of the CMOS file
> on the SD card, or does it still have to be there?

Bit puzzled by this.  !CMOStool is an R-Comp program, and should be at
the URL given in our instructions with the widget.  I haven't heard
anyone say it isn't there.

However, if you got your widget from ROOL, then obviously you wouldn't
have our software.  I am happy to email any BBSS member a copy if
they'd like it.  Since we're cheaper than ROOL, I can't imagine why a
BBSS member wouldn't get a widget through the scheme, but I appreciate
that sometimes people don't know where to go for things.  Anyway, if
any BBSS members would like a copy, please get in touch.

The boot scripts will still reference the cmos file on the card, so it
is probably sensible to leave it there (especially if you ever need to
transfer to another board), but equally it could probably be deleted
if saving 2kb is important.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS