Re: [ARMini-support] PDF printing

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:36:09 +0000

Hi,

On 17/12/2014 14:58, Jim Lesurf wrote:
In the past I think problems were due to something like Font_Paint
writing to the wrong memory locations.

Jim has mentioned this a couple of times. TBH I'd forgotten - it says on my web site:

"Module which transfers all font paints into low memory. Utility is for software which won't work with font paints from dynamic areas e.g. (it is said) Caligraph printer drivers."

I'd certainly forgotten 'Caligraph'. The problem is memory addresses being too big, or maybe having the top bit set.

The software is the "FontFix" module from my web site.

No idea if it works at all on modern machines/RISC OS.

It seems unlikely that this is the problem because, other software (besides !PDF) would surely be doing the same thing.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com