Re: [ARMini-support] PDF printing

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:35:28 GMT

In message <7c14597754.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Norris <jrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Re-reading the above I see I have, once again, written beyond my level
> of knowledge. In my case, trying to print pdf files via PCL to a
> non-PostScript printer, the PS driver issue is largely if not
> completely irrelevant. This is because even if a PS driver problem
> were in some way responsible for my own pdf files printing without
> text it wouldn't be relevant to pdf files generated by others, for
> example using Acrobat on a PC. Yet these too print without text from
> my PandaRO (but print correctly from my Pi and RiscPC).

Can we confirm the same version of !PDF is in use on Pi, and similar
RISC OS version?  One possibility was that it could be related to the
Unicode font manager in some way, which would explain why a) older
versions of !PDF are OK (maybe not using UniCode font manager) and b)
why RiscPC was unaffected.

However, if Pi/Iyonix is OK with same version of PDF and (roughly)
similar versions of RISC OS, it doesn't help.

For reference, I don't *think* this is Panda specific, as I've heard
of the same issue with Cortex A8/Beagle.  Pi can be set to ARMv5 or
ARMv6/7 if memory serves via the !Configure plugin - might be worth
testing the same version of !PDF/!Printers on that in ARMv5/6 modes?

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS