Re: [ARMini-support] PDF printing

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:16:48 GMT

>> For reference, I don't *think* this is Panda specific, as I've heard
>> of the same issue with Cortex A8/Beagle.  Pi can be set to ARMv5 or
>> ARMv6/7 if memory serves via the !Configure plugin - might be worth
>> testing the same version of !PDF/!Printers on that in ARMv5/6 modes?

> I'll check and report back. Meanwhile are there ANY Pandaboard users
> that CAN print pdf files complete with text?

AFAIK anyone using PS3 driver has been OK.  You're the second person
to report trouble with that Dell printer, incidentally (first one was
early in the ARMini era).  I'm not a fan of those printers at all.
However, John H is using a Kyocera, which are normally fine.

At this stage, I've only actually seen about 4 or 5 reports of the
problem, across both Beagle and Panda.  That's not to say it isn't far
more widespread - perhaps few people are printing the PDFs?  Either
way, we're still trying to get to the bottom of things.

I don't believe the problem to be Panda specific.  Am I getting
confused, or did someone say that Chris Gransden's updated !PDF port
(beta version?) was better?  This may be a red-herring, I'm struggling
to remember everything at the moment, as am running around all over
the place.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS