Re: [ARMini-support] Errors/freezes (longish)

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:48:56 +0100

In article <527621fa38alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> NewIcons is running but the system heap has not increased.

Interesting.

> I don't even seem to have a copy of the !BattSetup app on my
> machine - could this be what is causing the problem that others are
> seeing?

Well, on my machine at least

a. quiting NewIcons removes the problem

b. I have tried a few hacks with NewIcons !RunImage and it is
possible to remove the memory leak by bypassing parts of it, although
some of its functionality is then also removed. I am narrowing down
the possible area. Trouble is it has to run for a while before it
becomes obvious that memory is leaking or not.

--
        Chris Johnson
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx