Re: [ARMini-support] Dead LEDs

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:35:40 +0100

In article <f1f73a3e53.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Both the blue strip and now the green power LEDs have now died on
> the front panel of our ARMini case (making it quite difficult to
> tell whether it is actually powered up or not until it illuminates
> the attached keyboard LED some way into the !Boot sequence) - are
> these very short-lived components?   The blue LEDs on the front of
> the Iyonix Aria have likewise expired, but I've never seen a green
> one die before....

I have never seen leds expire under normal usage - they are meant to
have 'average' lifetimes in the 10^5 hours. Overvoltage/excessive
current will of course do them no good.

On the other hand, my almost two year old ARMini never had a working
green led from day 1 - there is still a bit of a blue glow from the
strip at one end.

--
        Chris Johnson