[argyllcms] testing printer profile with a set of XYZ colours

  • From: Iliah Borg <ib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:42:27 -0500

Dear List,

Suppose I need to check a printer profile for reproduction of a set of about
500 pre-determined colours; colours being defined as XYZ D50 2 degree.

As a first step, I filter off the colours that are out of gamut using
xicclu -fif -ia -pX
Next, for those XYZ that fall into the gamut I convert them to RGB
xicclu -fb -ip -pX
From the RGB list I make a target formatting to CGATS and using ColorPort,
print it, measure it, and compare resulting XYZ numbers to source XYZ.

Any better ideas, suggestions, improvements, please?

--
Iliah Borg
ib@xxxxxxxxxxx