[argyllcms] Re: spotread filters

  • From: "Jacques Warnon" <j.warnon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:12:00 -0400

Thanks Graeme.  spec2cie.  I think I can handle that.  And I see that I can
even make some of my own Sp files for that, so maybe I can finally work
something out for my own special needs.

Yes, the meters have been a huge concern.  After a lot of complaining to
X-rite (since they told me the i1 would be the best meter for sublimated
fabrics), they did some measurements for me with polarized meters, spherical
meters, uv meters, and a few combinations of those, many of which of which
would be pushing the limits of my budget.  But none really made much of a
difference, and the more expensive spherical meters were not compatible with
their profiling software anyway.

However you aren't the first person to mention the spectrolino, and I have
been scouring ebay in an attempt to find one.

My best luck so far has been to profile with as few patches as possible, and
go in and hand edit for the highlights.  Either in the measurement files, or
more recently using Profile Inspector.  Not a very elegant procedure, but at
the end of the day, I have to keep printing.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction.

Jacques